Stuffed Shrimp with Crabmeat is the ultimate Christmas appetizer. Get your party started with this delicious and savory dish. The shrimp is filled with juicy and delicious crab meat that will melt in your mouth. The crab meat is given a fresh herbal taste that is not too overpowering, but exactly right with the addition of cilantro. This appetizer will certainly have your guest(s) beaming with satisfaction and their taste buds wanting more. I served this wonderful appetizer for Thanksgiving dinner and it did not last long. This is a simple yet satisfying recipe! I deem it as a one-of-a-kind recipe since I used stovetop herbal stuffing for the breading.
The melted butter that is brushed onto the appetizer before baking ensures that your shrimp is nice and juicy. I love that this recipe allows you to create a fancy appetizer with few ingredients and little hassle.
Helpful Tips for making Stuffed Shrimp w/ Crab Meat
- Make sure to not cut too deep when you butterfly the shrimp.
- Leave the tails of the shrimp on for presentation.
- You can put as much crab meat as you like. If your hand is heavy on the meat like me, then just be careful when placing in the oven so it does not shift.
- When placing the crabmeat onto the shrimp, make sure the tail is placed firmly onto the top of the crab meat, so it does not detach from the crab when baking.
- I love to add some paprika on top to give the crabmeat some color. Just a preference, and not to mention, it adds amazing flavor. Just a bit though; do not overdo it.
- I also love to add a generous amount of butter before baking to ensure that the shrimp and crabmeat are nice and succulent.
- Butterflying the shrimp involves cutting into the back of the shrimp so that it opens and lies flat on a plate.
- Breadcrumbs: using a rolling pin, crush 3 tablespoons of stovetop stuffing until crumbly.