The smell of freshly baked bread will fill your home and have the whole household begging for a slice. Fresh mashed banana makes a moist and comforting bread which is then enhanced even further with the addition of nuts and chocolate.
The banana bread is dotted with crunchy mixed nuts and rich chocolate chips throughout with an extra crust of the luxurious toppings. You can imagine this loaf in a small boutique pastry shop, where you would HAVE to buy it. Instead however you can follow my amazingly easy recipe and create this delicious loaf yourself! Serve literally anytime of the day; as a light breakfast, mid-afternoon snack or dessert, the recipe is perfect for any occasion. I enjoyed having this banana bread for breakfast with a glass of milk.
- Lightly mix the batter for a light and soft bread, overmixing will cause a stiff loaf.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing; around 30-40 minutes.
- Use parchment paper to easily remove the banana bread from the pan.
- Always use a toothpick to test that cake in fully baked; insert it into the center; if no batter is stuck to the toothpick; you’re good to go!
- If you have a nut allergy, then leave out the nuts and use more chocolate chips for an equally amazing result!
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 3 ½ ripe Bananas, mashed
- ½ cup Hershey Kisses
- ¼ cup Mixed Nuts, crushed (Cashew, Almonds, Pecan)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Egg (1 egg + 1 yolk)
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) Butter, melted
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon (pinch)
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg (pinch)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add the dry ingredients: flour, salt and baking soda. Stir then set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl add the melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix well to dissolve the sugar into the butter.
- To the butter and sugar mixture, add eggs, sour cream, bananas, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg, mix well for 1 min.
- Using a plastic spatula, pour ½ the bowl of dry ingredients into the mixing bowl. Gently fold the ingredients together then add the second half and also fold through.
- Next, add 80% of the crushed mixed nuts and Hershey kisses; gently incorporate everything.
- Place parchment paper into a 9-inch loaf pan and scrape in the batter using the plastic spatula.
- Scatter the remaining mixed nuts and chocolate over the top of the bread (chop Hershey kisses into 2-3 pieces).
- Bake for 35-40 mins, then test with a toothpick.
- Remove from the oven once cooked and allow to cool completely.