Jerk chicken is the ultimate comfort food and the BEST representative of Caribbean cuisine. Each country and household has their own different variation of jerk chicken with blends of fully flavoured spices and herbs. This is a very easy oven baked jerk chicken recipe. Below I share my unique seasoning marinade to create heavenly chicken, especially when paired with rice dishes such as my fried rice or raisin rice. Surprisingly simple and incredibly delicious, this one is definitely a must try!
- The marinade is highly seasoned so no need to add extra salt to the chicken.
- Brush olive oil over the chicken to keep it moist whilst cooking.
- Turn the chicken during cooking to evenly colour both sides. To achieve the ‘grill-like’ effect bake the chicken slightly longer than usual.
Cook time: 30-40 mins
Serving: 3 people
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 3 chicken thighs
- 5 tbsp Walkerswood jerk seasoning in jar (spicy/mild)
- 5 tbsp Caribbean Spices Jerk seasoning powder
- 5 tbsp Green seasoning mixture (blend scallions, ginger, thyme, garlic, celery, onions, parsley)
- 1/4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp ketchup
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Into a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients except the chicken. Stir to combine well then add the chicken and allow to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once marinated, preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the chicken on a baking pan then transfer to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Then flip the chicken to evenly cook the other side, cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. The chicken should be well browned and the juices run clear, then serve alongside fried rice or raisin rice.