Crispy breaded shrimp tossed in a spicy siracha mayo sauce served with fresh mango salsa for a unique burst of flavor. So yummy!
- 18-20 Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 Fajita flour tortillas or corn tortillas
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Panko
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Creole seasoning to taste
- 1–1.5 cups vegetable oil
- Lemon or lime
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup Siracha Mayo Sauce (mixture of siracha + Mayo, equal parts)
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
For the toppings:
- ½ cup coleslaw mix (shredded green cabbage and carrots)
- A half ripe mango, cut into cubes
- ½ medium purple onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 medium red bell pepper
- Cilantro leaves
- Peel, devein and rinse shrimp. Pat dry with paper towel then add salt, pepper and creole seasoning to taste. Transfer shrimp to a bowl then add buttermilk.
- In another bowl, mix flour, panko, and cornstarch.
- To make the sauce: mix siracha mayo, sweet chili sauce, hot sauce and lemon juice. Mix very well. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat vegetable oil on high heat.
- Removing one at a time from buttermilk mixture. Place shrimp into the flour mixture and coat evenly. Repeat for a few of the shrimp.
- Place a small batch of shrimp into the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the pan to ensure the shrimp is crispy. Cook until golden and crisp on all sides.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Do not pour your sauce onto ALL your shrimp then mix. Instead, dip a single shrimp into the sauce then gently cover on both sides. This technique ensures that the breading still stays. Repeat for remaining shrimp. Alternatively, just drizzle your sauce onto your shrimp after building your taco.
- Serve hot with toppings and some additional sauce.
- Category: Dinner