This Rum Trifle is dangerously YUMMY!!! Perfect dessert for summertime
Pound Cake Layer, baked and cooled
- 1 lb. self-rising flour
- 1 lb. butter
- 1 lb. sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 ½ tbsp Watkins’s rum extract
- 2 tbsp Guava jam
- Sliced Strawberries
- Sliced Kiwi
- Sliced blackberry
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar and butter for 25 minutes. Add Sour cream and mix for 1 minute. Add eggs and slowly incorporate flour. Add rum. Using a kitchenAid or hand mixer mix all ingredients together on high for about 3 minutes making sure to incorporated well. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Bake for 30 minutes then reduce heat to 320 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Stick a fork in cake. If it comes out clean, then it is ready. If it is still wet bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- You probably will not use the entire cake. Place guava jam on top of desired amount of cake then cut into cubes.
- Dice fruits to your liking.
- Whisk together heavy cream and powdered sugar on high speed until the mixture takes a stiff form. Be sure not to over mix.
- Add whipped cream to bottom layer, add cake cubes then add fruits. Repeat the layers once more then top with guava jelly.
- Category: Dessert