Jerk Shrimp Plantain Tostones with Mango Salsa will amaze your taste buds with an incredible combination of flavors
- 10–12 jumbo shrimp
- 2 green plantains, cut into thirds
- 1/3 piece of red and green bell peppers, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ½ purple onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 off-ripe mango, diced
- 2–3 tbsp Grace Jerk Seasoning, medium hot
- 1 lemon
- Salt water (for frying)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- cilantro to garnish
- Cut bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, avocado, and mangoes into small squares.
- Cut each plantain into three equal parts.
- Peel and rinse shrimp, then pat dry with paper towel; add jerk seasoning, then set aside. (Do not add any salt to your shrimp since the jerk seasoning has enough salt.)
- Salsa: to a bowl, add chopped bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and mango, then add a pinch of salt and pepper, and squeeze a bit of lemon juice. Mix well.
- Prepare salt water for frying: dissolve salt in water.
- Category: Appetizer