This homemade fried chicken is finger-licking good! Crunchy on the outside, juicy on the inside!!
- 6-8 pieces of chicken (wings, drumsticks, thigh, breast)
- 1 tbsp Goya Adobo seasoning
- 1 tbsp Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 eggs
- All-purpose flour
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Optional: *Pinch of all spice
- Vegetable oil *as much as you need to deep fry
- Place spices (adobo, creole seasoning, smoked paprika, pepper flakes, onion powder, black pepper, and garlic salt) into a small bowl then mix well.
- Add spice mixture to chicken pieces then rub into chicken very well. Add Mayo and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Prepare the breading by adding flour to a bowl or a Ziplock bag. Season with a pinch of garlic salt, paprika, and black pepper. Mix well.
- While the oil is heating to 350 degrees, remove the chicken then crack 2 eggs onto the chicken. Mix very well to coat chicken.
- Working one at a time, remove chicken from the bowl then into the flour mixture gently tap off any excess flour then place onto a baking rack. Until you flour the first set of chicken to be fried.
- Fry 2-4 pieces of chicken at a time being sure not to overcrowd the pan or pot.
- Remove from the oil and place onto a plate lined with a paper towel or parchment paper.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before serving so that the juices can go back into the chicken.
- Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 for the remaining pieces.
- Category: Lunch