Mouth watering Mango Habanero Chicken Wings are a Caribbean twist on irresistible sweet and spicy. Mango provides the fresh fruity flavours of the Caribbean and perfectly balances the spicy kick from the habanero to create a sweet, sticky, sizzling wing! When served at a party or for guests you’re guaranteed to have them coming back for more and more, garnish with fresh mango or crunchy celery for a contrast in textures. Surprisingly straightforward, this recipe can be prepared ahead of time by combing the marinade in a blender then adding to the wings and allowing the flavours to develop.
I hope you enjoy these juicy fully-flavoured Mango Habanero wings!
- If Creole Seasoning is unavailable then use any light seasoning of your choice, or salt and black pepper (I wouldn’t recommend green seasoning for this recipe as the flavour will overpower the mango habanero).
- I prefer the texture of crunchy onions matched with the tender chicken wings, if you’d rather then you can add the onions to the blender to make the marinade smooth.
- 2 medium sized mangoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 habanero peppers
- Chicken Bouillon or Salt to taste
- Black Pepper
- Creole Seasoning
- ½ medium sized onion, thinly sliced
- 10 pieces of chicken wings
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- Clean the chicken wings and pat dry. Add the wings to a bowl and season with paprika, creole seasoning, black pepper and Chicken Bouillon.
- Into a blender add the mango, garlic, habanero peppers and ¼ Tsp of chicken bouillon or salt to create the marinade.
- Once blended add the sliced onion to the marinade and mix well.
- Pour half of the marinade into the bowl of chicken wings and leave to marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Into a separate bowl add the remaining half of the marinade and the honey, this will be used as a final glaze for extra sticky chicken wings.
- Preheat an Oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
- Place the chicken wings onto a baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes. Then turn the wings to cook the other side and bake for a further 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooked remove the chicken wings from the oven and coat with the honey and marinade mixture. Transfer back to the oven and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes until sticky and glazed.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.