Quick and Easy Lunch idea that is both sweet and savory. So yummy, better than Chinese. You can make this in less than 40 minutes
- 5-6 pieces of Tilapia Fillet, chopped into medium squares
- Garlic Salt
- Tony Chachere’s no salt Creole Seasoning
- Adobo all-purpose seasoning
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 can pineapple slices
- ½ onion
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 cup oil
- 1/3 green bell pepper
- 1/3 red bell pepper
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Chopped Scallions to garnish
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup pineapple juice, *you will get this from the can of pineapple slice*
- ¼ tsp super dark soy sauce
- ½ tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tbsp water
- Season fish with adobo seasoning, garlic salt, creole seasoning, and black pepper. Add one egg and mix well.
- In another bowl mix together corn starch, flour, and a pinch of garlic salt. Coat fish with the mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet and deep fry fillets until golden brown. Place onto a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- In a bowl mix together ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, pineapple juice, soy sauce, five spice powder and water. Set aside.
- Add 3 tbsp of olive oil to a skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add onions, bell peppers and ginger. Sautee for 3-4 minutes.
- Add fried fillets, add a few cuts of pineapple (cut slices into medium chunks). Add sweet and sour sauce. Incorporate well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat then garnish with scallions.
- Category: Lunch