Serve up this corn salad as a side-dish or main course for summer meals. It is refreshing, tasteful and super easy to make
- 4–5 cobs of corn
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 plum or cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- ½ of red, yellow, and green bell peppers, diced
- 1 small purple (yellow) onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cumin
- Salt to taste
- Cook corn in a large pot of salt water for 5 minutes. Drain and run cold water on top of corn to stop the cooking. Cut the kernels off the corn cutting close to the cob.
- In a large bowl toss corn together with tomato, cilantro, bell peppers, onions. Add cumin, salt, and black pepper. Add avocado then squeeze lime directly on top to add flavor and preserve the avocado. Place into refrigerator until ready to use.
- Category: Side Dish