Jerk Chicken is one of those things that is not only popular in the Caribbean and West Indies but in many parts of the world as well. I don’t cook it very often but when I do it’s always oh so delicious and my family enjoys it. This is actually my first time trying the spatchcocking or butterflying method to make my whole jerk chicken and I love the way the chicken was cooked; it was sooo juicy and delightful. It also cooked faster and evenly. I literally ate it for 3 days straight. The jerk seasoning added such amazing flavors to this chicken. I already have a jerk chicken recipe posted on my blog so I pretty much followed the same steps with a few tweaks. On day 1, I enjoyed this jerk chicken with some fried rice (I also have a recipe on here). On day 2, I made some Jerk chicken tacos and on day 3, I had jerk chicken with Mac and Cheese (if you’re subscribed to my website you would have gotten an email with that recipe). All three options created such a delicious meal.
This jerk chicken recipe is also really great when you’re having large gatherings such as upcoming thanksgiving holiday. If you’re on a healthy diet it can also work very well with a salad of your choice. Hope you enjoy it this super simple recipe.
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
- Green seasoning mixture (blend 3 scallions, 3 garlic, ½ tsp ginger, 1 small onion, 3-4 fresh thyme, 1 hot pepper)
- 1 lemon/lime
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 5 oz or ½ jar grace jerk seasoning (mild//hot) plus 4 tbsp to glaze chicken
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Rub chicken with a mixture of green seasoning, jerk seasoning and salt. Marinate overnight
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together honey, jerk seasoning, soy sauce and olive oil
- Baste chicken with ½ of mixture then bake for an hour and 30 mins or until golden brown. Make sure to baste the chicken every 30mins with the mixture.