“An easy, delicious and mouth-watering dinner recipe”
Today we are taking seafood to the next level! As a Caribbean girl my love for jerk runs deep. I must say this is one of my favorite and easiest recipes to prepare. It is delicious and can be prepared in less than 40 minutes. One bite of this savory dinner and it will be in rotation at your home quite often! The salmon is seared to perfection and the shrimp is just so juicy and flavorful. The jerk seasoning adds so much flavor and spice to the dish but is also not too overpowering due to the addition of the creamy sauce. This recipe is PERFECT for a date-night, so keep it in mind since valentine’s day is approaching. It is an impressive but simple meal. Bon Appetit!
- I used Grace Jerk seasoning which already has salt added, so no need to add any to your seafood.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice such as asparagus, sauteed spinach or broccoli.
- Score the Salmon (click here for picture). This is to ensure that the Salmon is cooked thoroughly.
- For your mashed potatoes, base the amount of heavy cream on the consistency you want to achieve as some like their mashed potatoes thick and others like it loose.
- Mash the potatoes while it is warm as all the ingredients will incorporate a lot better.
- Do not overcook your shrimp, 2 minutes on each side should be enough.
- If you have a thicker cut of salmon, you might have to cook it a bit longer. So, use your eyes as well. When the skin side starts to get brown flip it then cook on the meat side.
- 2 Salmon Fillets (Approx. 7 oz. Each)
- 8-10 Frozen Jumbo Shrimp
- Grace Jerk Seasoning
- 4-5 Russet Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ¼ Onion
- 1 Finely Chopped Garlic Clove
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ tsp Sazon Goya Seasoning
- Chicken Bouillon or Salt and Pepper
- ¼ tsp Creole Seasoning
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ Lemon
- Chopped Parsley (for the garnish)
- 1 tbsp Chopped Fresh Chives
Prep time: 15-20 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 2
- Peel and boil potatoes for 10 to 15 minutes over medium-high heat then strain and place in a bowl.
- Mash the potatoes then add butter and heavy cream.
- Mix well together for a smooth texture.
Salmon and Shrimp
- Devein shrimp, remove shell, rinse with water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Wash salmon and pat dry as well.
- Spread 2 tbsp of olive oil onto the salmon fillets and the shrimp. Then rub the jerk seasoning over the seafood.
- Heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over high heat, then sear the salmon on both sides, to get the skin side crispy and browned. Sear it for 3-4 minutes on skin side and 2-3 minutes on meat side. Squeeze lemon over seafood while it is cooking. Remove the salmon from the pan and set aside.
- Clean the skillet then add 2 tbsp of olive. Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes on both sides until pink.
- Melt the butter inside a saucepan, then add chopped onion and garlic. Sautee for 30 seconds.
- Add ½ cup heavy cream, sazon seasoning, pepper, chicken bouillon or salt to taste.
- Allow to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add freshly chopped chives to enrich the sauce.
- Wash and trim the edges off the Brussel sprouts and cut in half.
- Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet, place over medium heat and sauté the Brussel sprouts.
- Cook for 3 minutes then season with salt, black pepper, and the creole seasoning. Continue cooking until cut sides are browned.