“What to switch things up a bit? This an easy weeknight dinner recipe that is prepared in less than 20 minutes”
So lately I have been trying to stay away from chicken and have been finding myself eating a lot more seafood for some reason BUT this Honey Garlic drumstick recipe hits the spot! It is super easy to make and amazingly delicious. You can add this chicken recipe to any rice option of your choice, or you can even pair it with mashed potatoes for a yummy weekday dinner. Serve this chicken up with some steamed vegetables on the side for a well-balanced diet. It is the perfect balance between sweet and savory. The drumsticks are marinated with Weber’s honey garlic seasoning then baked. The skin is perfectly crispy without making the meat itself dry. Each bite is so juicy and mouth-watering. This recipe does not require a whole lot of seasoning; keep it simple to get a better taste of the honey garlic. Weber was kind enough to send me this seasoning and that is how this recipe came about. I absolutely loved it! It certainly came in handy on a weekday that I had no idea what to make for the family. The great thing about this recipe is that you can use any cut of meat you prefer; simply use what you have. I love to marinate the chicken over night to get all the marinade into the chicken but at least 4 hours will also work well.
I made this recipe for lunch for my family and they enjoyed it. I paired it with a Kenyan inspired Pilau along with some coleslaw and fried ripe plantains. If you are Caribbean or African, you know we are serious with our ripe plantains. When I make my husbands plate the ripe plantains must be bountiful. As a working mom, and a person that wears many hats, I like to find simple and easy recipes that I can put my own twist to. Remember recipes are just a guide; you must also use your sense of taste and do things to your liking. I do hope you enjoy this simple recipe and do not forget to share with your family and friends. If you have tried any of my recipes, do not forget to leave a comment. Would love to hear from you. Subscribe to my email list to get free recipes that are not on my website that I would love to share with you.
- Weber Seasoning does have a bit of salt added so be careful when adding additional salt to your chicken.
- Before adding the seasoning, score your drumsticks diagonally (just about 2-3 cuts) on one side so that the marinade can penetrate the meat.
- Be sure to cook the chicken on both sides.
- The key to a great chicken recipe is to make sure that the chicken keeps moist, so be sure to brush with sauce or glaze periodically.
- I like to marinate the chicken overnight but at least 4 hours will be fine as well.
- If you have browning sauce you can also use that. The soy sauce is just to give the chicken some color.
- If you have only dark soy sauce you can add a bit of water to make it a little lighter.
Prep: Sauce or glaze: In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup water, ½ tsp soy sauce, 2 tsp Webber honey garlic seasoning, 1 tsp honey, 2 tsp olive oil. Set aside.
- 6 Drumsticks
- 2-3 tbsp Weber honey garlic seasoning
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp of soy sauce
- ¼ tsp adobo seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean and rub 2 tbsp. of olive oil over the chicken. Season with Webber’s honey garlic seasoning, garlic, honey, soy sauce, adobo, salt, and pepper.
- Bake on both sides for 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce onto the chicken then bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Once sauce thickens in the pan, take some the sauce, and glaze the chicken on both sides.