As you can see from the photographs this recipe creates crunchy golden wings, which are succulent and packed with flavor! At home, we don’t personally eat deep-fried foods but these easy fried Cajun wings are top of the list on the occasions that we do as they’re irresistibly delicious. A definite crowd-pleaser at any get together as an appetizer, game time snack or BBQ addition, plus this recipe is whipped up in no time at all. I prefer a classic pairing of creamy ranch dressing and crisp celery with my wings, feel free to mix it up with hot sauces, BBQ sauce or even try a blue cheese dip.
- Before adding seasoning pat the chicken down using a paper towel, until it is very dry. The dry chicken skin will ensure that it becomes super crunchy when Cooking.
- Preheat the oil before frying, I used a pot but you can also use a cast iron skillet. At a high temperature allow the chicken to brown a little on both sides, then reduce the temperature to medium so that the wings cook through. (Noone wants bloody skin!)
- Fry the wings in batches to prevent the temperature of the oil dropping (I do 4 wings at a time).
- Season with a sprinkle of the Cajun seasoning over the chicken as soon as you take it out of the hot oil, it will stick and coat the wings instantly.
- Feel free to use any Cajun seasoning of your choice, I use Webber’s, as it’s pretty amazing!
- Seasoning your flour is so important and a key step in building flavour. This is the first taste as you bite into the chicken so you want it to taste good.
- After the chicken is floured lightly shake off any flour clumps that might be stuck to the outside, the flour that remains will become the best crispy parts.
- 7 Chicken Wings
- 1 tsp Webber Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp Creole Seasoning
- ½ tsp Paprika
- Chicken Bouillon or salt to taste
- Black Pepper
- 1 cup Flour
- 3 cup Neutral Oil (such as sunflower or vegetable oil for frying)
- Clean the chicken wings then pat dry and add to a bowl.
- To the chicken wings add the Cajun seasoning, creole seasonings, paprika and a twist of black pepper.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, seasoned with a pinch of chicken bouillon, paprika, creole seasoning and Cajun seasoning (literally less than ¼ tsp of each) then mix well.
- Take one chicken wings and dip into the bowl of flour, coat well then remove an shake off any excess flour. Place the floured wing onto a baking tray and repeat the process for the remaining wings.
- Into a large pot add the oil and fill by ⅓, place the pot on the heat and allow the oil to reach a high temperature.
- Add four floured wings to the hot oil and fry until golden brown and cooked through.