Barbecue (BBQ) pork ribs are among the most popular and widely loved BBQ dishes. The smell alone is soooo divine. Summertime is soon approaching and so many of us will be looking for an amazing BBQ ribs recipe, look no further!
If you do not have a grill or do not plan on doing an outdoor BBQ, it does not mean you cannot enjoy the delicious pork ribs. Here is a simple yet flavorsome BBQ pork rib recipe that uses an oven instead of a grill. And the result is unbelievably amazing!!!! This recipe is versatile therefore you can also use it on the grill as well.
Tips for making delicious Pork ribs
When making BBQ pork ribs in the oven, here are a few things you must keep in mind:
- Washing with vinegar: Vinegar contains antibacterial properties. So, when you wash the meat with vinegar, you are killing the unwanted germs. Furthermore, it also allows the meat to get tender which decreases the cooking time.
- Preparation of ribs: Removing the membrane or the silver skin on the pork ribs ensures that the ribs gets tender and you get that “fall-off-the-bone” experience.
- Caramelizing the sugar: Caramelizing the sugar adds a depth of flavors to the dish. It also makes the sauce sticky, and you get a rich and well-balanced sauce.
- Cooking the sauce: When cooking the sauce, you will have to be careful. That is because there are chances it will splatter all over. So, when stirring it vigorously, make sure you protect yourself from splutter burns.
- Vigorous stirring: Stirring it vigorously will ensure there are no lumps, and the sauce is silky and smooth.
Here is a detailed description of everything you will need for this recipe:
- Prime ribs: Prime rib is a cut that is bone-in. It is a whole muscle loin, and the baby back ribs are attached to it. You can easily get it from any meat shop.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar has a rich and deep flavor and color. It gives the sweetness and stickiness required for this recipe and helps in balancing out the flavor.
- Cinnamon spice: Cinnamon has a unique, slightly sweet flavor. It brings in warmth.
- Garlic and ginger paste: Ginger and garlic paste brings in a savory flavor to the marinate.
- Ketchup: Ketchup adds tanginess and tomatoey flavor.
- BBQ sauce: The main hero is the BBQ sauce. It has a very well-balanced flavor and makes these ribs stand out.
- White wine: The fruity and slightly sweet flavor of white wine goes so well with the pork.
- Red wine vinegar: You need red wine vinegar to wash the ribs. It acts as a tenderizer and antibacterial. You can also utilize white vinegar as a substitute.
- Seasoning: Salt, Black pepper, and Garlic salt are enough to add flavors to the ribs.
- Creole seasoning: You can easily get creole seasonings from any grocery store. It is a spice mix that is made with ingredients like onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, oregano, thyme, basil, pepper, salt, and smoked pepper.
How to store BBQ pork ribs?
If you are wondering what to do with the leftover BBQ pork ribs, it is not a problem. You can place the leftover ribs in an air-tight container and store them in the refrigerator. It is good to go for about four days. Furthermore, you can also place it in a zip-lock plastic bag and store it in the freezer. This way, it will last for almost a month in the freezer.
When reheating it, simply place it in the oven to broil for about 10 to 20 minutes, depending on whether the ribs are frozen or not.
What to serve with BBQ pork ribs?
BBQ pork ribs are super delicious and are served as the main course. These are quite wholesome and fulfilling. However, there are several sides you can serve with pork ribs. Here are a few ideas:
- Salad: Whether it is fresh garden salad, macaroni salad, or potato salad, the choices are unlimited. Serve a salad alongside this delicious dish, and it will bring in the freshness of the fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Mashed potatoes: Nothing can go wrong with creamy, smooth, and satisfying mashed potatoes. The simple and delicate flavor of the mashed potatoes goes so well with the BBQ pork ribs.
- Roasted vegetables: Italian herb roasted vegetables like carrots, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus not just taste delicious but are also go so well with the ribs.
- Mac n cheese: What else do you need when you have mac n cheese? Serve it alongside pork ribs to make the meal super luxurious and comfortable at the same time.
- Baked beans: Baked beans are also an amazing choice when you are looking for sides with the ribs. These are also delicious and full of healthy nutrients.