Crispy Fish Tacos topped with a delicious fresh Cilantro Lime Sauce…This will surely have you looking forward to Taco Tuesdays!…Yummy
- 2 Large Tilapia Fillets
- Creole seasoning to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- All-purpose seasoning to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup of vegetable oil for frying
- ½– 1 cup of flour for frying
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 1 Lime, squeezed
- 4 scallions (green onion), chopped
- 4 garlic
- ½ Avocado
- 1 green jalapeño pepper
- 1/3 Green Bell Pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2–2 ½ tbsp water
Pico De Gallo
- 1 cup diced pineapple, medium
- 1 small tomato
- ½ small red (purple) onion
- 2 ½ tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 red bell pepper
- One lime. Squeezed
- Salt to taste
Let us make the Cilantro Lime Sauce first….
1) To a food processor add chopped cilantro, scallions, jalapeño, green bell pepper, avocado, garlic, lime juice, sour cream, salt, black pepper, and water. Pulse for 2-3 minutes to combine. Then place into refrigerator until ready to use.
Secondly, let us make our Pineapple Pico De Gallo….
2) Chop Pineapple into medium squares. Chop Cilantro, tomatoes, red onions, and bell peppers. Combine then add olive oil, lime juice and salt to taste.
OK, let us Fry this fish……
4) Clean and cut fish into small rectangular pieces. Season with creole seasoning, all purpose, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Rub into Fish. Add buttermilk to fish and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
5) In the meantime, prep your flour station and heat your oil in a skillet.
6) Flour then fry fish until golden brown then drains on paper towel or parchment paper.
Finally, let us combine the taco…
7) Cook tortilla directly on the stove or using a skillet for 1-2 minutes
8) Add Fried fish then add Pineapple Pico De Gallo and chopped cabbage
9) Add the sauce and enjoy!
- Category: Dinner