Seafood lover? then this is a must try recipe! Perfect for weekday or weekend dinner or lunch. It’s easy to make, packed with flavors and irresistibly delicious!
- 2 ½ cups Jasmin Rice, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen veggies (carrots, green peas, corn, green beans)
- ¼ tsp or pinch Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 finely chopped garlic, divided
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger paste, divided
- 1 tsp butter
- ¼ tsp browning sauce
- ¼ tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp pepper flakes
- 1 small scotch bonnet pepper, seedless
- Pinch of brown sugar
- Chicken Bouillon to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 5–6 tbsp vegetable oil for frying, divided
- 8 oz fresh lump grab meat
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Creole seasoning to taste
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- 1 lb. Ribeye Steak
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Steaming of Rice:
- Boil about 3.5 cups of water until hot. Enough water to cover rice.
- On high-medium heat add 3 tbsp oil to a pot. Add ½ chopped garlic and ginger. Add rinsed rice. Add browning sauce and enough salt to taste (**bear in mind you will add water so add enough salt). Mix well to incorporate sauce into rice. Allow any water that is in the pot to evaporate as you will be frying the rice. Fry uncooked rice for 4 minutes stirring periodically to ensure it does not stick or burn.
- Add enough hot water to cover the rice and allow it to steam.
- Place rice into foil pan and allow to cool.
- Season crab with lemon juice, paprika, seasoned salt, creole seasoning and cajun seasoning.
Frying of Rice:
- To a wok or deep skillet, add 2 tbsp of oil on high-medium heat. Add onions, garlic, ginger, scotch bonnet peppers and vegetables. Sautee for 5-7 minutes.
- Add cooked rice. Oyster sauce + Soy sauce mixture. Mix well and season with chicken bouillon, black pepper, five spice powder, pinch of sugar and pepper flakes. Taste and adjust any seasoning according to taste. Add butter then mix well.
- Add lump grab meat and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. Add scallions, remove from the heat. Then mix well.
- Season steak with salt and black pepper.
- Place a cast iron skillet on high heat and preheat until it is very hot. Then add olive oil.
- Add the steaks to the skillet and sear for 4-5 mins on each side.
- Add butter, garlic, and thyme to the skillet.
- Tilt the skillet then spoon the foaming butter onto the steak, baste each side until your desired cooking. (*If you like your steak rare cook for less time, if you like it well done cook for longer).
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and pour over the butter. Allow the steak to rest for at least 10 minutes then serve with crab fried rice.
- Category: Dinner