A fresh and light dish ready in 20 minutes, with the warmth of cajun seasoning. Pasta is always a comfort food and this recipe uses the comfort effect of pasta to take it to the next level and create a WOW experience. This is a simple recipe that is perfect for any date night or special occasion, with no hassle whilst preparing but sure to impress those served. The Caribbean cajun pasta takes a few fresh ingredients and cooks them very simply to develop their best characteristics. The star of this dish is the juicy flavourful shrimp, with the distinctive touch of Caribbean cajun sauteé d until perfectly done and bursting with flavour.
- Use any pasta shape of your choice; the first time I made this recipe I used spaghetti pasta as that’s what I had at the moment and it worked excellently.
- Adjust the seasonings to your taste, especially the Cajun seasoning adding or reducing the quantity depending on your liking.
- Be careful not to overcook the shrimp, as soon as it turns pink on both sides remove the pan from the heat. This will make sure that the shrimp is nice and juicy.
- 3 lbs shrimp
- Bell peppers 1/4 of each (green, red and yellow), sliced into long pieces
- 1 Med onion, sliced into long pieces
- 1 Med tomato, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- Cooked pasta (spaghetti or fettuccine) 3/4 lbs
- 2 tbsp scallions, chopped
- Weber Garlic herb seasoning
- Weber Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp pepper flakes
- Bay leaves
- Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Season shrimp with garlic herb seasoning, then place a sauté pan on a medium heat with 2 tbsp butter. Sauté until the shrimp turns pink, approximately 3 mins. Then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Then add the remaining butter and olive oil to the pan, sauté the garlic and onions for about 3 mins.
- Next add the bell peppers and tomatoes, cook for about 3 mins.
- Pour in the white wine, pepper flakes, thyme, bay leaves, Cajun and garlic herb seasoning. Cook for about 5 minutes then taste, add more seasoning to your liking.
- Add the shrimps, scallions and lemon juice then allow the mix to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta and chopped parsley and stir well.
- Serve, garnished with pepper flakes, 1/2 Lemon and some extra fresh parsley.